Teeth- when you hear this word, you imagine a healthy row of white and beautiful teeth which are crucial for a perfect smile. Can you imagine yourself with less than a complete row of teeth? It is easier to think of kids, but losing a tooth untimely can be traumatic that undermines your confidence.
If you lose a tooth or teeth, you must visit your dentist in Chandler, AZ, to help you learn about the various options available for missing teeth. From dentures to implants, here is everything you need to know. So, figure out which one is right for you.
Various Options for Missing Teeth
Missing teeth not only affect your smile but also affects your quality of life, your jawbone structure, chewing ability, etc. Thus, learning about the available options and fixing the problem is advised.
Dentures are artificial teeth structures that come in handy when you are missing more than one tooth. You may lose teeth for various reasons, including age, osteoporosis, and injuries. Losing many of your teeth can affect your facial structure drastically, and thus, dentures are a great option.
These are removable appliances that you can use to imitate your natural teeth. Depending on the severity of your situation, your dentist in Chandler, AZ, will suggest whether you need partial or complete dentures. They are available for the upper and lower jaws.
- They are easy to use.
- As they are customized, they fit comfortably.
- They restore your speech ability and also support facial bone structure.
- You must clean them regularly and thoroughly, or they might cause oral infections.
- It is difficult to slip them on and off.
- They are not as natural as they seem and cannot be worn overnight.
Dental implants are permanent oral structures that imitate natural teeth. It is a prosthesis that is fixed into your jawbone. In case when the tooth is missing, along with its roots, such as in case of excessive decay, you need a more permanent structure.
A dental implant is a long-term solution. It requires more than one visit to your dentist in Chandler, AZ. At first, your dentist will determine whether dental implants are a good option for you. If yes, titanium roots are fixed in place of the missing dental roots. It takes some time for the jawbone to accept the alien structure. Once it does, abutments are placed and are finished with dental crowns. These dental implants last almost thirty years and are among the most popular options for missing teeth.
- They restore chewing ability.
- They look natural.
- They last for a lifetime.
- They prevent your face from sagging due to several missing teeth.
- It is a long process to install dental implants.
- They are costly.
- There are several complications related to dental implants, such as infections and damage to other teeth.
In case of more than one missing tooth, dental bridges are a great option. They are crowns that stand on either side of a missing tooth. The false tooth is connected to the crowns on either side.
There are several types of dental bridges, such as traditional bridges, Maryland dental bridges, implant-supported dental bridges, etc.
Implant-supported dental bridges are preferred as they provide a long-term solution for missing teeth. Learn more about them here.
- They help fill the void in the mouth.
- They improve your bite.
- They also help prevent bone loss.
- The bacteria and plaque may affect teeth adversely if the pontic doesn’t fit perfectly.
- When compared to dental implants, bridges are eventually replaced by dental implants for long-term solutions.
Dental crowns are the perfect option if you knock your tooth out or it is chipped, cracked, and needs to be removed, and fixing the natural tooth is not an option.
A dental crown is an artificial structure that replaces or supports natural teeth. It is a cap that is made of porcelain, ceramic, metal, resin, or other materials and imitates the visible white structure of your teeth.
This is a viable option when the roots of your teeth are intact. Dental crowns can restore the beauty of your smile in case of excessive damage or decay.
- It is a very simple process that restores your lost crown impeccably.
- If you are careful, crowns last for a lifetime.
- They are custom-made and imitate your lost tooth, which ensures that you get a natural smile.
- They are costly.
- If you don’t invest in a good-quality crown, it can affect the surrounding teeth.
Which Is the Best Option?
Having too many options can lead to increased confusion. Therefore, it’s crucial to select an experienced dentist in Chandler, AZ, who can provide guidance on the best course of action. Peace of Mind Dental Studio in Chandler, AZ is where you can opt for any of the above-discussed treatments for your missing teeth.
After the preliminary examination, our experienced dentist will suggest you the best option that fits your needs.
For an assured treatment plan, visit Peace of Mind Dental Studio today!