Dental implants are the best solution for missing teeth. The reasons are simple- they are durable, permanent, and look natural; what else could you need, right? But dental implants also require immense care if you want them to benefit you the way they do. Dental implants are said to last for 30 years, but the only condition is that you must undertake the required measures to keep them in good condition.
When you choose Peace of Mind Dental Studio for dental implants in Chandler, our experts guide you through the entire process and after-healing, so you can live a peaceful life without worrying about your dental problems.
This guide discusses the tips which can help you ensure the longevity of your dental implants.
Helpful Tips to Ensure the Longevity of Your Dental Implants
Regular Dental Visits
Procrastinating your dental visits after you have chosen dental implants can be problematic in the future. Implanting dental implants is a long process. First, a foreign object is installed in your mouth, and your jawbone needs to accept it. After it has settled into its place, the abutment and crown are fixed. It might take some time to adjust to your new tooth. As the artificial tooth feels natural, many people overlook their eating habits and dental visits. But you must remember that if you do not wish to lose your expensive dental implants to a dental infection, you must visit the dentist regularly so that they can update you on your oral health.
Sometimes, the surrounding teeth may not respond well to the change in the mouth and might get infected. To keep these problems at bay, you must not skip your dental visits.
Avoiding Hard Foods
Are you someone who pops the bottle cap with teeth or flaunts breaking the walnut shell? If yes, you must stop it now, not only for your dental implants but for the longevity of your healthy teeth. Human teeth are meant to bite and chew edible things. While natural teeth look extremely strong, they are vulnerable to hard foods, especially so after dental implants. In addition, you can damage your crowns as they might snap if you are not careful.
Besides food, change your habits, such as smoking or drinking. It can be extremely dangerous for your implants.
Proper Oral Hygiene
The lack of proper oral hygiene is the most common cause of losing teeth and getting dental implants. It’s the time when you should start following good oral hygiene. You must know these oral routines, but it is just a gentle reminder.
- Do brush your teeth twice a day. Brushing your teeth before going to bed or after eating sweets is imperative.
- Floss regularly to remove food lodged between your teeth.
- Rinse your mouth with mouthwash after brushing. It helps in removing plaque.
- Avoid foods that might stain or damage your teeth.
Follow Post-Procedure Instructions
After the implant surgery, you must be very careful about your dental health. Here are a few tips:
- A mild discomfort follows the surgery, but it won’t last long.
- You must only eat soft foods and adjust to your new tooth.
- Slight bleeding is also common after the surgery, but if it is out of control, visit your dentist at the earliest. Use an ice bag to tone down the swelling.
- Do not tease your implants with your tongue or fingers.
- Keep painkillers close, as you might need them. It is not common to experience extreme pain, but everyone deals with pain differently.
- Hot drinks, cold drinks, alcoholic beverages, spicy food, sticky foods, etc., should be avoided after the procedure.
- Avoid grinding your teeth. When people excessively grind their teeth, it is called bruxism. It is a condition that impacts your teeth in the long run and can be fatal for your implants. It is advised to get a custom mouthguard to avoid any problems.
- Avoid tobacco altogether. No matter in which form you consume it, you must not consume it.
Choose The Right Dentist
Choosing the right dentist for dental implants in Chandler can make all the difference. Most dentists can fix dental implants, but only a few can ensure their longevity and your improved quality of life. When choosing the dentist, learn about their past implant procedures, patient testimonials, and their expertise.
Dental Implants in Chandler
Peace of Mind Dental Studio is known for quality dental treatment, and dental implant surgery is one of our treatments. From your preliminary examination to post-procedure healing, we ensure you feel comfortable and have no doubts. Our staff ensures you are relaxed and your treatment goes as planned. You will find that we are the best choice for dental implants in Chandler.
Contact us today for more information.