knowledge for peace of mind
Emergency Dentistry in Chandler, AZ for Dental Problems
When Might You Need to Visit an Emergency Dentist in Chandler, AZ?
It is important to understand what constitutes a dental emergency so that you can receive treatment as quickly as possible. Dental emergencies left unattended can result in more extensive damage and life threatening illness.
Some instances that you may require emergency dental care in Chandler, AZ, include
- Loose or knocked-out teeth due to injury or accident
- One or more broken or cracked teeth resulting in pain
- A missing crown or filling that is causing pain or discomfort
- A throbbing toothache that extends to the jaw, neck, or ears
- A toothache with accompanying fever or swollen lymph nodes in the neck
- Serious infection that causes swelling in the gums or other areas of your face
- Oral bleeding
If you are experiencing a dental emergency, it is crucial that you take swift action. Acting quickly can save your teeth and prevent a dental emergency from becoming even more serious.
What Steps Can I Take to Manage the Pain Associated with Dental Emergency?
Between the first moment you realize you are experiencing a dental emergency and the time you can receive services for emergency dental in Chandler, AZ, there are several steps you can take to lessen your pain.
- Rinse your mouth with a salt water solution. Salt water helps eliminate bacteria and can relieve inflammation.
- Take over-the-counter pain medication. As with any medication, make sure that anything you take over the counter does not cause an adverse reaction when taken with any other medication or herbal supplements you may be taking. It is also important to avoid pain medications that thin your blood if you are experiencing dental bleeding.
- Apply topical pain reliever such as Orajel
- Apply an ice pack to reduce swelling and pain
If you are concerned about taking pain medications or applying topical pain relief to your mouth while you are waiting for your emergency dentist in Chandler, AZ, thoroughly read the warning labels on your medicines and prescriptions and call your dentist.
What Should I Do if I Think I Need Urgent Dental Treatment in Chandler, AZ?
If you are experiencing a dental emergency, it is important that you seek treatment right away. Dental emergencies can advance quickly. Severe oral infections can become life threatening and require immediate life-saving care. Other situations, such as knocked-out or broken teeth may not be life-threatening, but in order to save your teeth, you need to seek treatment right away. If you are experiencing a dental emergency, call our office line immediately at 480-608-5444 to make an emergency appointment at our Chandler, AZ office.
What Hours Peace of Mind Dental is Open for Emergency Procedures?
If you are experiencing a dental emergency within office hours, we do our best to get you in as quickly as possible on the same day. If you experience a dental emergency after hours, please call our office immediately and we will get you into our office as soon as possible, even outside of regular business hours.
Distraction Methods – Therapeutic interventions – Pain management
How Can I Prevent a Dental Emergency?
Many dental emergencies are unavoidable (after all, accidents do happen), but there are several situations that are completely preventable.
Avoid preventable emergencies by:
- Visiting your dentist every six months for a routine checkup and cleaning
- Practicing good dental hygiene habits, such as brushing, flossing, and avoiding sugary goods and hard candies.
- Paying attention to your mouth! You know your body better than anyone; if your body or mouth is signaling you that something just isn’t right, visit your dentist right away before a simple issue advances into a full-blown emergency.
answering your emergency dental questions…
What Should I Do if I Have a Dental Emergency
Seek treatment right away. Let your dentist examine your problem, so it can be fixed or treated as soon as humanly possible. Some situations, such as severe infections, can be life-threatening. In other situations, such as knocked-out teeth, your teeth might only be saved if you go to the emergency dentist right away. Don’t hesitate to call our emergency dentistry office number: 480–608–5444
What are The Emergency Hours at Peace of Mind Dental Studio
Our regular hours are listed on our website. For normal, non-emergency appointments, we are open on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday. In the case of an emergency, we will schedule an appointment as soon as we can, even outside of our regular hours.
What Are Some Tips to Avoid Dental Emergencies
Accidents happen, and those types of dental emergencies are usually unavoidable. Other dental emergencies can be prevented by following a few tips:
- Be vigilant about taking good care of your teeth at home.
- Go to the dentist every six months for a routine exam and cleaning.
- Pay attention to your mouth and your body. If you are getting signals that something isn’t right, don’t ignore them! Get them checked out before it becomes an emergency.
Why Choose Peace of Mind Dental and Dr. Jeremy Silverman?
When a dental emergency occurs, you want to be in the very best hands possible. At Peace of Mind Dental Studio, Dr. Silverman and our team are skilled and prepared to handle your dental emergencies. We use the latest technology and techniques to ensure that your emergency procedures are quick, effective, and as painless as possible..
We know that when you need emergency dental care in Chandler, AZ, you want more than just great treatment, you want peace of mind — and at POM Dental, we offer both. If you are experiencing a dental emergency, call our office immediately for the best possible care in a stressful situation.
Get the emergency help you need.
Tips & advice from Dr. Silverman: