knowledge for peace of mind
Would you like to improve your oral hygiene practice? We offer proper dental hygiene instructions to make sure you’re taking care of yourself in the best way possible…
what is oral hygiene instruction?
We have a commitment to promote optimal oral health for our patients so we have a strong focus on oral hygiene instruction. We understand each patient is unique and deserves their own personalized hygiene instruction that works for them. This allows us to educate patients on the best methods to improve areas of their mouth that require a bit more attention, and keep their mouths clean and healthy.
you might receive dental hygiene instructions…
Proper oral hygiene at home is important, but even with your best efforts, there might be areas we can help you improve!
- you visit our office for a cleaning
- you have dexterity limitations
- you find it difficult to brush or floss certain areas
what to expect with oral hygiene instructions
At your visit
- Instruction on recommended oral hygiene methods
- Review of brushing and flossing techniques
- Waterpik method/technique
- How to use a tongue scraper
- Oral hygiene product reviews on items such as toothpaste, saliva substitutes, floss, electric toothbrush etc
- Practice the brushing and flossing methods with a hygienist
Tips & advice from Dr. Silverman:
Floss the teeth you want to keep.