Dental implants are a superior and more ideal restorative treatment option compared to other prosthetic dental treatments. With the right care, a missing or broken tooth restored with a dental implant can endure forever.
Dental implants are potentially a less invasive treatment based on your condition.
Suppose a patient has a missing or broken tooth with a natural tooth on both sides.
An implant can fill the gap by replacing the missing tooth while keeping the adjacent teeth intact. Because of their tremendous success rate and ease of placement, dental implants are among the best dental treatments that dentists can provide.
What exactly is A Dental Implant?
A dental implant is a tiny artificial – root-shaped prosthesis that restores a missing tooth’s root. The implant is fully healed and integrated when bone develops fully around the implant. Dentists can effectively replace missing teeth in this manner with a new root form and crown. They use medical-grade alloys to create robust and healthy implants. Apart from restoring missing teeth, dental implants can improve facial appearance, prevent bone loss, and anchor dentures to prevent movement during function.
Types of Implants
There are two common types of dental implants based on your needs and oral health.
1. Endosteal Implants
These are the most common type of dental implants. Endosteal implants are carefully placed directly into the jawbone. As the adjacent gums heal, we perform an additional operation to attach the base to the implant. The procedure culminates with the prosthetic tooth being attached to every implant separately.
2. Subperiosteal Implants
Subperiosteal Implants are the second most popular type of implants.
Here, a metal frame is inserted into the jawbone, but only under the gum tissues. The gums heal gradually, permanently fixing the metal frame to the jaw. Now, the posts pass through the gums while being connected to the jawbone. We can screw the prosthetic teeth into the implants.
Dental Implants have Numerous Direct and Indirect Advantages, such as:
• If the patient has a gap or several missing teeth, they may feel self-conscious when they smile. Many patients find their confidence is much improved after implant placement as a result of the superior esthetics and function of natural-looking dental implants.
• Without an implant, many germs can grow in the socket where a tooth has been extracted. This happens because of debris that can collect inside the socket, and can be difficult to brush away.
• With a highly functional implant, you can clean your mouth as normal, brush as many times as you like, and eat freely.
• Since dental implants are embedded in the jawbone, they are permanent. As a result, it does not move or slide away, letting you enjoy all the foods you love as well as speak as normal.
• Unlike dental bridges or dentures, dental implants do not cause pain.
• Unlike dental bridges, you won’t have to alter adjacent teeth to support a dental implant
• Because a dental implant integrates with the jawbone, it does not need unpleasant adhesive to hold it in place, as conventional dentures do.
Is the Dental Implant Procedure Painful?
Patients who get dental implants in Chandler, AZ, come out of the dental offices in awe. Dentists frequently receive patient reactions like, so was that all? Oh, so this is it? The treatment comprises inserting titanium implants in the jawbone and lets it fuse properly with the bone structure.
Local anesthetics are sufficient to provide a comfortable experience. Following the procedure, you might have some soreness which can easily be managed with over-the-counter medication such as Ibuprofen and Tylenol.
Dental Implants near Me
As you search for the best dental implants in Chandler, you will find Peace of Mind Dental Studio Chandler, AZ; a general dentistry practice focused on providing personalized and integrative healthcare for the entire family.