With time, our teeth can lose their natural vibrance, shape, size, and length, which can cause dental problems and affect our smiles. Dental Veneers cover the front surface of the teeth to improve your appearance.
What are Dental Veneers, and what is their use?
Dental Veneers or Porcelain Veneers are wafer-thin custom-made shells of tooth-colored materials that get bonded to the surface of the teeth and enhance their overall appearance by changing their color, shape, and size.
How does a Dental Veneer help you?
A Dental Veneer can:
1. Fix discolored teeth because of Root Canal treatment, Stains, and large resin fillings.
2. Improve the appearance and function of a chipped tooth.
3. Improve the arrangement of misaligned, irregular, or uneven teeth and help them function better.
4. Help you get rid of spacing between your teeth.
How is a Dental Veneer made?
We use porcelain or resin composites to make customized Dental Veneers. However, Porcelain Veneers have better resistance against stains. They can also mimic the light reflecting properties of natural teeth in a better way as compared to Resin Composite Veneers.
There are different types of veneers available in the market, and a top dentist in Chandler, AZ, will suggest the best-suited option for you.
Porcelain Veneers are the easiest of all veneers, given their bio-compatibility. They are the safest material to create elegant dental restorations. Porcelain veneers are also very famous for their strength and durability.
As the name suggests, composite veneers are a blend of artificial and organic components. Composite veneers have great strength, but their durability is relatively lesser than porcelain veneers.
Although they are cheaper, composite veneers develop discolorations over time.
No Preparation Veneers
One of the most advanced dental veneers, these add luminescence or shine to the teeth. These are super-thin and highly durable. No preparation veneers can be delivered with the slightest preparation and thinning of the natural tooth.
How are Dental Veneers placed on Teeth?
Once a Dental Veneer expert examines your teeth and understands your expectation from the treatment, they might perform an X-ray of your teeth and get the impressions.
· To prepare your mouth for treatment, the dentist reshapes the tooth surface by trimming off a portion of the enamel.
· The next step is to take a digital scan or impression of the tooth that requires treatment.
· Now, they will make the final Dental Veneer with the help of this model. This process takes about a week.
Placing the Veneer:
The dentist will place the Dental Veneer on your tooth to check the fit and to determine if the shape and color is as expected before cementing it to the tooth.
· Before the procedure, all of the teeth getting veneers are cleaned, polished, and etched. Etching roughens the tooth surface to make it suitable for strong bonding of the Dental Veneers.
· While applying Veneers in Chandler, dentists use a special cement for Veneer placement and shine an ultraviolet light beam over it to activate the adhesive for quick hardening.
· The last step involves the removal of excess cement and any final adjustments needed. The dentist also checks your bite after the procedure.
In the follow-up visit, the dentist will ensure that your gums are okay and the dental veneer works well.