Avoid sugary soda, energy drinks, and sports drinks
- These are highly acidic and provide the bacteria in your mouth with everything they need to cause cavities!
Do you brush away coffee breath? Don’t forget to rinse with water for thirty seconds first!
- Many coffee drinkers like to brush their teeth shortly after finishing their beverage. Coffee is acidic and if not rinsed off the teeth before brushing, it can be damaging to the enamel.
Brush your teeth in the shower
- Keep an extra toothbrush in the shower and make brushing your teeth part of a shower routine.
Make fluoride your friend
- Incorporate a fluoride toothpaste or mouthwash into your daily routine. It is safe to use and still the most effective way to strengthen your enamel!
Get rid of the regular, old toothbrush
- There are much easier and more effective ways to get the job done! Electric toothbrushes that use sonic vibrations and don’t spin are the best choice.
Guard your teeth from wear at night
- 2020 is a stressful year! Stress can cause you to clench and grind your teeth at night. Do you ever wake up with headaches or tight jaw muscles? That is a good indicator you are clenching/grinding and it would be best to visit your dentist for a custom night guard to protect your teeth.
Don’t forget to visit the dentist for regular cleanings and exams
- Going to the dentist during the pandemic is safe and essential for optimal oral health. It is important to maintain your regular routine of cleanings and exams to keep your pearly whites sparkling.