The desire for a beautiful smile is obvious, but bruxism, bad habits (alcohol consumption and smoking), or gum disease cause your teeth to fall out, which significantly lowers your self-esteem.
It is not unusual for adults to lose most or a complete arch of their teeth these days. In such a case, you must consult the best dentist for dental implants in Chandler to restore the beauty of your smile.
What Are Full-Mouth Dental Implants?
The procedure involves placing multiple implants, probably 6-8 teeth in the upper jaw and a similar number in the lower jaw. This process comes in handy when a person has lost most of their teeth. As implants are artificial roots embedded in the jaw, a candidate must have enough jawbone and no other health complications; only then this option is feasible.
Based on your needs, your dentist will prescribe whether you should go for implant-supported dental bridges or implant-supported dentures.
Who Is Eligible For Full-Mouth Dental Implants?
Dental implants require surgery; thus, only eligible candidates can undergo the procedure.
The conditions of eligibility for full-mouth dental implants are:
- The patient must not suffer from medical conditions such as heart disease, diabetes, stroke, etc.
- They must have enough jawbone required for the implant.
- They must not be pregnant. However, if a dental implant is urgently required in case of pregnancy, then the third trimester is the best time.
- Those who smoke, face more implant failures.
- Those who have undergone chemotherapy in the neck, jaw, or areas near your mouth, then ask your oncologist to assess your bone density.
You can determine eligibility from the above points and consult your dentist for dental implants in Chandler.
What Is The Procedure For Full-Mouth Dental Implants?
The procedure of full-mouth dental implants goes as follows:
- In the case of a lacking jawbone, bone graft surgery is required. This process requires using artificial bone or taking bone from any of your body parts and using it to repair and rebuild bones.
- Once the bone is healed, roots made of titanium are placed in your jaw. A hole is prepared into your jawbone, and the artificial titanium root is fitted. The bone and gums adapt to the implants, and the root finds its place.
- Once the gums tighten, and bone starts growing around the roots, an abutment is placed. It may take up to six months for the gums to completely heal. It is a structure that connects both the root and the crown.
- To make crowns, your dentist takes an impression of your teeth and prepares artificial crowns that mimic your teeth. These crowns fix in place of natural teeth and restore your lost confidence.
It is a complex process, and it takes time, approx. 8 months to 1 year to complete, but it is a safe process, and you should consult your dentist if you or any of your family members suffer from missing teeth.
Advantages Of Full-Mouth Dental Implants
Following are the benefits of full-mouth dental implants.
Preservation Of Remaining Teeth
When one or two of your teeth go missing, it affects adjacent teeth too. They might loosen up and shift spaces, affecting not only one’s bite but also the jaw’s shape. Thus, dental implants support adjacent teeth and preserve them.
Dental implants are perfectly natural to look at. Your dentist matches your teeth’ color; once in place, they are not distinguishable from your natural teeth.
Preservation Of Bone Structure
Losing more than three or four teeth is detrimental to your jaw structure. It goes slack, and your cheeks look sagging. But dental implants offer support to your jaw and bones and keep your bone structure intact.
Higher Success rate
If you are an eligible candidate, then the rate of success for full-mouth dental implants is 99%. Plus, they are long-lasting. Dental implants can easily last 30-35 years if proper care is taken.
Disadvantages Of Full-Mouth Dental Implants
The major disadvantages of full-mouth dental implants are:
- Dental implants are not for you if you need emergency dental treatment. They take a long time to heal.
- Full mouth dental implants are expensive as they cost around $60000-$90000.
Finest Full Mouth Dental Implants In Chandler
Dental implants often make patients anxious. At Peace of Mind Dental Studio, our patient’s comfort is our priority. We give you a brief of the process as to how we work and how it will turn out for you. Only two visits are required; first, your dental implants are confirmed, and titanium screws are placed as roots in your jawbone. It takes time for your mouth to accept the addition and you must take good care of your oral hygiene for it to heal quickly. On the second visit, your crowns are put in place, and you get your confidence back. At Peace of Mind Dental Studio, you get comfort, the best guidance, and top-notch services.