Often, cold sores can disappear without medical help, but the stages can be quite painful. The later stages, like scabbing and blistering, can cause severe pain. If you know how to treat cold sores in their early stages, the healing can be easier and faster and, most importantly, less painful. Knowing the early symptoms of these dental issues is helpful in treating them quickly. The early signs of blistering in cold sores are the tingling around the mouth. A patient notices this even before the blister appears. Before you experience the outbreaks, you have enough time to treat them earlier and avoid a lot of pain.
Cold sores are a contagious condition that is caused due to herpes simplex virus. This is activated by anxiety, stress, cold, or excessive sun exposure. The virus lies dormant in the nerve cells of the body and leads to core sores that last up to 14 days. Here are 7 easy ways to treat painful cold sores, including laser cold sore treatment.
- Virulite Electronic Cold Sore Treatment: It is the most common treatment for cold sores, which involves light pulses to alleviate painful symptoms. The treatment is done using the FDA-approved device that works on the specialized light burst technology that makes the healing significantly faster. It is easy to use and causes no side effects on the body. The treatment is also helpful in reducing the chances of future outbreaks. At the same time, it is considered a good investment over those messy topical creams.
- Lemon Balm: Lemon balm is an effective way to treat cold sores at their early stages. Some studies have found that lemon balm is helpful in avoiding the return of blisters. Applying a lemon balm provides cooling relief instantly to the affected area and reduces the earliest signs such as itching and tingling. Lemon balm contains eugenol, which is an important component that fights against bacteria and the herpes simplex virus. Due to its antibacterial properties, it reduces the healing time from cold sores.
- Lysine: Lysine is an amino acid that works quite well to treat cold sores at the early stage. Its antiviral properties lessen the chronic congestion of cold sores while keeping the herpes simplex virus away. Lysine is found in certain foods such as chicken, beef, turkey, cheese, eggs, pork, and beans.
- Tea-tree oil: Most over-the-counter medicines for cold sores contain tea tree oil as an active ingredient. Tea tree oil is an antibacterial, anti-fungal, and antiviral agent used to treat various skin conditions. Applying tea tree oil provides instant relief to the inflammation and irritation caused due to cold sores. It is important to apply it by mixing it with carrier oil like olive oil. As it is natural and has no side effects, you can use it regularly until the cold sores have healed.
- Abreva Cream: It is the most popular treatment available in the market for cold sores. As it can be used at any stage of the core sores, it is recommended to use Abreva cream before blisters appear. It is an FDA-approved cream that reduces the healing time of blisters. The main active ingredient in Abreva cream is Docosanol which prevents the cold sores from getting worse while promoting healing as soon as possible. For those who experience cold sores frequently, keeping Abreva cream on hand is recommended.
- Antiviral Medications: For those who recently experienced cold sores, taking antiviral medications prescribed by the dentist may help. It is a good idea to keep them on hand if you feel early symptoms. A few popular antiviral medications include Famciclovir, Acyclovir, and Penciclovir. These antiviral medications help treat cold sores quickly and prevent them from getting worse.
- Laser Cold Sore Treatment: Laser cold sore treatment is quite effective in reducing the chances of reappearing. It is a quick and pain-free treatment to stop the development of cold sores and fever blisters. It effectively removes the herpes simplex virus that causes the sore and allows patients to recover more comfortably and faster.
Now, if you are suffering from cold sores and their painful symptoms, then visiting a dentist in chandler for laser cold sore treatment is the best option. There are many dental studios available in Chandler that claim to be the best in offering top-notch laser cold sore treatment, but “Peace of Mind Dental Studio” offers a faster recovery time. At POM Dental Studio, dentists have many years of experience in treating cold sores and blisters with laser therapy. With profound experience, they know how much laser power is required to cover the affected area, kill the virus, and allow patients to heal faster.
The dentists at POM Dental Studio take only minutes to get the laser core sore treatment done. You can visit them if you begin to sense a tingly or itchy feeling at the early stage of cold sores. If the treatment starts at the early stage, it takes only a few days to get a speedy recovery.
Besides, the cost of laser cold sore treatment is affordable and can be covered by your insurance policy. The dentists at POM Dental Studio are very friendly and professional. They make you feel comfortable during your treatment which helps in speedy recovery.