Cold sores can be extremely painful, and since they develop around your mouth and lips, they make speaking and eating very difficult. If you also suffer from cold sores, you must know that they can be treated. There are cold sore therapy and cold sore laser treatment which can help.
But first, you must learn what causes and triggers cold sores so you can fight against them.
Peace of Mind Dental Studio in Chandler offers cold sore therapy to deal with cold sores.
What are Cold Sores?
Cold sores, oral blisters, or fever blisters are fluid-filled blisters that develop around the mouth and lips. They look red, swollen, and itchy, which might affect your quality of life since they last for approximately two weeks, and it’s a long time to bear the pain, itchiness, and sometimes bleeding.
What Causes Cold Sores?
There is no one reason behind cold sores. However, the several causes of cold sores are discussed below:
- Herpes Simplex Virus is the reason behind cold sores. It is spread through close contacts, such as kissing, eating from the same utensils, sharing towels, etc.
- A weak immune system can also cause cold sores as the Herpes simplex virus finds it easier to attack your body.
- Exposure to the sun and cold winds can also cause the appearance of cold sores.
- If you have the Herpes Simplex virus, cold sores can appear even due to excessive stress.
- Lack of Vitamin C and D can also cause cold sores to form.
Symptoms of Cold Sores
It will pass through several stages if you have never had a cold sore and are infected with the virus. Remember, cold sores take time to heal.
- You will experience itching or tingling around the mouth 12-24 hours before the first cold sore appears. Whether you scratch it or not, it won’t make a difference since the virus has entered your system.
- You will see small blisters forming around your mouth or on your lips. They are small, fluid-filled blisters. They may appear on your cheeks and around your nose as well.
- They act like pimples. They take time; the sores burst, the fluid leaks, and the skin crust over.
It is common for kids and adults to experience fever, sore throat, painful gums, swollen lymph nodes, and other symptoms when they experience their first outbreak of cold sores.
Facts About Cold Sores
- Not everyone suffers from cold sores. If you have a strong immune system, you might not experience cold sores.
- Cold sores can’t be cured. Only the timespan of the healing can be shortened.
- You can easily identify a cold sore and probably won’t even have a doctor’s consultation.
- You might never develop cold sores, even if you are infected with the HSV-1 virus.
How Does Cold Sore Therapy Help?
If cold sores appear more frequently around your mouth and lips, then it is advised that you take a dentist’s help. Some treatments, such as cold sore laser treatment, can permanently treat cold sores. In addition, modern developments have made it possible to treat cold sores quickly.
Cold Sore Therapy at Peace of Mind Dental Studio
At Peace of Mind Dental Studio, we believe in improving your quality of life. Our cold sore therapy is a soft tissue laser treatment for quick treatment of cold sores.
It merely takes 5-10 minutes to complete treatment. The dentist, dental assistant, and patients must wear safety glasses for protection from harmful laser rays. Your safety is most important to us. A laser set on low power is slowly moved over the affected area. It destroys the virus and stops the progression of cold sores.
It must be noted that cold sore laser treatment is not a panacea for cold sores because they can’t be treated. But laser treatment can reign their frequent appearance.
Cold sores take time to heal. They not only affect your quality of life but can also take a toll on your confidence with their frequent outbreaks. Peace of Mind Dental Studio offers an affordable, comprehensive laser treatment that can help you fight cold sores